February 7th, 2017
Affirmation: I am not in control of others, but I am in control of myself.
Word of the Day: daedal (adj):
I honor those who try
to rid themselves of any lying,
who empty the self
and have only clear being there.
____
I Used To Write Poetry
I used to write
Poetry
That rhymed
Limericks, sonnets, haikus
Iambs, anapests, trochees, and dactyls
Metered and regulated
Tightly bound
Like the feet they were
Calculated and weighed
Tallied and sized
Rigid
Like a pressed suit
Austere, and exact
Precise and wound up
Clocks each one
Or ticking bombs.
Inflexible
In all their poetic
Freedom
Beautifully burdened
Resonantly restrained
Harmoniously held
Structure and form contained me.
Their limits kept me safe like a cocoon.
A papoose.
A shell.
A corset.
A straightjacket.
I am coming to
Discover.
I am uncontainable.
Affirmation: I am not in control of others, but I am in control of myself.
Word of the Day: daedal (adj):
2. adorned with many things
I Honor Those
I honor those who try
to rid themselves of any lying,
who empty the self
and have only clear being there.
____
I Used To Write Poetry
I used to write
Poetry
That rhymed
Limericks, sonnets, haikus
Iambs, anapests, trochees, and dactyls
Metered and regulated
Tightly bound
Like the feet they were
Calculated and weighed
Tallied and sized
Rigid
Like a pressed suit
Austere, and exact
Precise and wound up
Clocks each one
Or ticking bombs.
Inflexible
In all their poetic
Freedom
Beautifully burdened
Resonantly restrained
Harmoniously held
Structure and form contained me.
Their limits kept me safe like a cocoon.
A papoose.
A shell.
A corset.
A straightjacket.
I am coming to
Discover.
I am uncontainable.
"The Metamorphosis of Narcissus" by Salvador Dali (whose art I really love!)

Beautiful poems. The painting is also so interesting - wonder where Dali's initial creative thought came from prior to painting this piece.
ReplyDeleteThank you! (And I ask myself the same thing about all of Dali's works!)
Delete