February 1st, 2017
Word of the Day: ataraxia (n):
____
First I couldn't believe that 2017 was already here and now I cannot believe that a month of it has already flown by (watch me say the same thing on the first of March, April, and so on). I find that the older I get, the faster time goes. I think that this is not necessarily because I am having more fun, but because each passing day of my life is a smaller fraction of my entire life up until that point. In other words, a day is a much larger proportion of a 5 year old's life than it is of a 40 year old's life. It is an interesting concept and one that I am happy to elaborate on if anybody's interested.
Mortality is something that I think about a lot and something that affects me deeply. I am not sure whether I should write about it in this forum yet because my thoughts about death and dying seem so raw and unformed.
But on a lighter note, I wanted to share Fern Olivia's "8 Questions to Help You Actually Manifest Everything You've Ever Wanted" (originally posted on MindBodyGreen).
I had originally wanted to share my responses to these questions with you all, but as I was filling them out, they got very personal very quickly. I am guilty of reading literally 100s of these questionnaires each year and never filling any of them out. The process of going through the writing exercise, however, is powerful in a way that simply thinking about the answers is not. I invite you to both write and visualize your responses to these questions. I don't claim that they will lead you to "actually manifest everything you've ever wanted" but they did help me feel more centered in my goals and able to visualize a direction in which I want to proceed in my own life.
PS I don't have a business, so no pressure on this last question. Maybe I will have one at the beginning of 2018. But it is honestly not at the top of my priority list right now. But well before the beginning of 2018 (i.e. by the end of summer 2017), I intend to have finished my Master's in Business Administration... does that count?
___
I would love to hear all of your responses to these questions! Feel free to share!
On a more serious note, I would also love to hear about your experiences re: the passage of time and mortality. Are these subjects you are interested in reading about?
Word of the Day: ataraxia (n):
1. a state of
freedom from emotional disturbance and anxiety; tranquility.
(What an awesome word...)
As Much as a Pen Knows
Do you think that I know
what I’m doing?
That for one breath or half-breath I belong to myself?
That for one breath or half-breath I belong to myself?
As much as a pen knows
what it’s writing,
or the ball can guess where it’s going next.
or the ball can guess where it’s going next.
____
First I couldn't believe that 2017 was already here and now I cannot believe that a month of it has already flown by (watch me say the same thing on the first of March, April, and so on). I find that the older I get, the faster time goes. I think that this is not necessarily because I am having more fun, but because each passing day of my life is a smaller fraction of my entire life up until that point. In other words, a day is a much larger proportion of a 5 year old's life than it is of a 40 year old's life. It is an interesting concept and one that I am happy to elaborate on if anybody's interested.
Mortality is something that I think about a lot and something that affects me deeply. I am not sure whether I should write about it in this forum yet because my thoughts about death and dying seem so raw and unformed.
But on a lighter note, I wanted to share Fern Olivia's "8 Questions to Help You Actually Manifest Everything You've Ever Wanted" (originally posted on MindBodyGreen).
I had originally wanted to share my responses to these questions with you all, but as I was filling them out, they got very personal very quickly. I am guilty of reading literally 100s of these questionnaires each year and never filling any of them out. The process of going through the writing exercise, however, is powerful in a way that simply thinking about the answers is not. I invite you to both write and visualize your responses to these questions. I don't claim that they will lead you to "actually manifest everything you've ever wanted" but they did help me feel more centered in my goals and able to visualize a direction in which I want to proceed in my own life.
1. I will feel ecstatic at the
end of 2017 because my____ are:
- Finances
- Relationship
- Family/Friends
- Health
- Travel
- Career
- Home
2. Five things I have
experienced by 2018/end of 2017
3. By 2018, my relationship...
4. By the end of 2017 a typical
day in my life looks like...
5. By 2018 I will have
visited...
6. My three biggest fears up
until now that will not be present in 2017 and beyond:
7. Three things I will
manifest:
8. By the beginning of 2018 my
business…
PS I don't have a business, so no pressure on this last question. Maybe I will have one at the beginning of 2018. But it is honestly not at the top of my priority list right now. But well before the beginning of 2018 (i.e. by the end of summer 2017), I intend to have finished my Master's in Business Administration... does that count?
___
I would love to hear all of your responses to these questions! Feel free to share!
On a more serious note, I would also love to hear about your experiences re: the passage of time and mortality. Are these subjects you are interested in reading about?

Wonderful post! Time flies is what EVERYONE says. Be a contrarian and say 'I have all the time in the world' several times a day and watch the magic unfold. You don't have to be an Einstein to believe in relativity.
ReplyDeleteMaybe I would not go to that extreme but I could say that I have all the time I need to do and experience what I want.
DeleteAgree as long as you have clear priorities. <3
ReplyDelete