February 26th, 2017
Affirmation: I am in charge of my own journey.
Word of the Day: schlockmeister (n):
1. Slang. A person who deals in or sells
inferior or worthless goods; junk dealer.
Red
Red with shyness, the red
that became all the rose garden reds,
The red distance,
red of the stove boiling water,
red of the mountain turning blood red,
a mountain holding rubies secretly inside.
Do I love more you
or your modesty?
Red with shyness, the red
that became all the rose garden reds,
The red distance,
red of the stove boiling water,
red of the mountain turning blood red,
a mountain holding rubies secretly inside.
Do I love more you
or your modesty?
____
Today I Love
(with gratitude to Kelly B's inspiration)
Today I love the chilly morning freshness and
the way my nose turns red - like Patch Adams or Rudolph. I am even finding a
way to be grateful for the way my nose runs and the way the mucus freezes
almost as soon as it leaves the relative warmth of my body. I love the dusting
of snow covering everything again as if Winter was suddenly ashamed of the
nakedness of the earth and has thrown a light sheet over everything. I love
that there are rabbit tracks everywhere in the front yard and on the driveway. I
love that more than I should because when I moved into town I was afraid I
wouldn’t see as much of that as I used to where I lived before and there are
lots, not as much, but lots and no fear of not seeing them. I love that they
sit under bushes sometimes and don’t move as if they can’t be seen if they stay
still. I love that the sun keeps breaking through the clouds and making
everything sparkle. I love the smell of cedar trees and the clean and healthy
feeling of breathing in deeply the air in their presence. I love the sound of a
neighborhood waking up even though I woke up much later than most of my
neighbors today. I love walking through my neighborhood and I really love the
fact that strangers greet me here everyday. I love that people living here are starting
to recognize me too.
Today I love the small smattering of lakes
that surround my home and the way they fuss and fume in the winter, trying not
to let the weather freeze them. I love just watching the water and I love
watching the mountains in the opposite directions. I love that I can’t get too
lost here because when I see the mountains I know I am looking westward. I love
driving around or walking around or even just sitting and observing and seeing
things I’ve never seen before or places I’ve seen but in seasons that I’ve
never seen them in before. I love that I am claiming my place in my home area
now that I have time to appreciate and admire it and take it all in again.
Today I love people who reach out to me as I
am nursing my flu/ cold/ fever/ mystery illness. I love feeling cared about and
like I am a part of people's lives the way that they are a part of mine. I love
that the plan is to try Paczki this week. I love books that have been obviously
read and loved and reread and are barely holding together. I love remembering
books from my childhood and youth that I loved that much. I love randomly
recalling moments when I was happy and content.
Today I love sipping on hot tomato soup while
watching the winter rail against the freezing cold.
(with gratitude to Kelly B's inspiration)
Hope you are feeling better. I love the way you write. You make your neighborhood come alive with vivid word images. Glad you love all of these things and that the love you feel inside is mirroring itself back to you from the outside world. Hope you get fully well soon.
ReplyDeleteThanks. I think that I am getting there... slowly!
Delete