Friday, February 24, 2017

February 24th, 2017

February 24th, 2017


Affirmation: I look for the beauty and opportunity in every problem I have to solve.


Word of the Day: scapegrace (n):
1. a complete rogue or rascal; a habitually unscrupulous person; scamp.


 Red Shirt

Has anyone seen the boy who used to come here?
Round-faced troublemaker, quick to find a joke, slow
to be serious. Red shirt,
perfect coordination, sly,
strong muscles, with things always in his pocket.
Reed flute, ivory pick, polished
and ready for his talent.
You know that one.

Have you heard stories about him?
Pharoah and the whole Egyptian world
collapsed for such a Joseph.
I would gladly spend years getting word
of him, even third- or fourth-hand.


____


I apologize for the lack of a formal post today, but I have been really sick - fever, chills, hacking cough, sore throat, weakness, exhaustion, headache, running nose and eyes, and just achy everywhere. I will write more tomorrow and will hopefully be feeling better then, too!

I normally don't get sick, so this was a <not-so-great> surprise.




2 comments: