August 6th, 2017
Affirmation: Wherever possible I turn negatives into positives.
I am grateful to wake up in the morning alive and alert.
I can change my attitudes towards the past.
Word of the Day: canard (n):
_____
Affirmation: Wherever possible I turn negatives into positives.
I am grateful to wake up in the morning alive and alert.
I can change my attitudes towards the past.
Word of the Day: canard (n):
1. a false or
baseless, usually derogatory story, report, or rumor.
2. Cookery. A duck intended or used for
food.
Cimmerian (adj):
1. very dark; gloomy:
deep, Cimmerian caverns.
2. Classical Mythology. of, relating to, or
suggestive of a western people believed to dwell in perpetual darkness.
unreconstructed
(adj);
1. not reconciled to
political, economic, or social change; also:
holding stubbornly to a particular belief, view, place, or style.
People Want You to Be Happy
People want you to be happy.
Don't keep serving them your pain.
If you could untie your wings
and free your soul of jealousy,
you and everyone around you
would fly up like doves.
Neither This nor That
I may be clapping my hands,
but I do not belong to a crowd of clappers.
I am neither this nor that. I am not part of a group
that loves flute music, or one that loves gambling,
or one that loves drinking wine.
Those who live in time, descended from Adam,
made of earth and water, I am not part of that.
Do not listen to what I say as though these words
came from an inside and went to an outside.
Your faces are very beautiful, but they are wooden cages.
You had better run from me. My words are fire.
I have nothing to do with being famous,
or with making grand judgments or feeling shame.
I know nothing to do with being famous,
or with making grand judgments or feeling shame.
I borrow nothing. I do not want anything
from anybody. I flow through all human beings.
Love is my only companion.
When union happens, my speech goes inward,
toward Shams. At that meeting
the secrets of language are no longer secret.
Mirror and Face
We are the mirror as well as the face in it.
We are tasting the taste this minute
of eternity. We are pain
and what cures pain, both.
We are the sweet cold water
and the jar that pours.
_____
Begin Again
When you miss the mark... begin again.
When you don't quite make it... begin again.
When you embarrass yourself... begin again.
When you feel lost and unsure of what to do... begin again.
When you succeed and feel great...begin again.
When you are at peace...begin again.
When you find yourself off-course and frustrated... begin again.
When you love...begin again.
When you lose...begin again.
When it feels like you can't... begin again.
Every day, every minute, every moment...begin again.
Time will continue regardless of whether you chose to stay where you are. People, places, things, and circumstances will change. And so will you.
As long as you are alive, you get as many chances as it takes.
Just begin.....and begin again...

So true.
ReplyDelete